Graduate School of Economics at Hitotsubashi University invites applications for an Assistant Professor (tenure track), an Associate Professor (tenured) or a Full Professor (tenured) in the fields of Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics.
|1.Title||Assistant Professor (tenure-track), Associate Professor (tenured) or Full Professor (tenured)|
|2.Department||Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University|
|3.Fields||Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics|
|4.Number of Positions||One|
|5.Job description||(1) Courses:
Graduate-level core courses such as Advanced Macroeconomics and/or Intermediate Macroeconomics.
Upper year undergraduate level courses such as "Monetary and Financial Economics AI & AII".
(possibly) Graduate-level special topics courses.
(2) Teaching Obligations:
(if tenure-track) Eight credits (= four courses; each course consists of 13 classes, where each class is 105 minutes long). In principle, there is no requirement for teaching "seminars".
(if tenured) Six credits from regular class teaching, plus undergraduate and graduate "seminars".
(3) Administrative functions:
Shared responsibility for committee membership, entrance examinations, and other administrative functions may be assigned.
|6.Qualifications||(1) Ph.D. degree is required; if the candidate is currently without the degree, he/she must obtain one within three months after the time of appointment.
(2) Candidate must have ability to give lectures in English.
(3) Candidate must have ability to advise students and to perform administrative tasks (such as producing documents and participating in meetings) in Japanese.
|7.Starting date||September 1, 2019, or later.|
|8.Tenure decision||The term of the initial contract for a tenure-track assistant professor is three years. Depending on his/her academic performance, the contract can be renewed once, for two additional years. The tenure decision will be made within those five years on the basis of academic performance (such as publications in refereed journals) and teaching performance.
If the candidate already has a sufficiently strong academic record, he/she will be considered for a tenured associate/full professor position.
Note: The above English job title "Associate Professor" corresponds to the Japanese "Jun-Kyoju" and "Assistant Professor" is "Koushi".
|9.Deadline for application||May 31 (Friday), 2019 (Japan Standard Time).|
|10.Application materials||Applicant should provide us the following:
(1) a cover letter (please indicate if your application is for the tenure-track or the tenured position)
(2) curriculum vitae, in English or Japanese, with a recent photograph of yours attached
(3) a list of your academic work (please indicate if the publication is peer-reviewed or not), seminar and conference presentations, and educational activities
(4) at least three letters of recommendation
(5) a copy of a certificate of the completion of the degrees earned
(6) electronic files of your research papers (three papers at the maximum for the tenure-track position, and five for the tenured position).
If the candidate has not yet earned a Ph.D. degree, we ask the writers of the reference letters to describe the current state of the candidate’s thesis research, and to confirm that the candidate will earn the degree within three months of the appointment.
|11.Selection process||(1) First stage: Document screening.
(2) Second stage: Seminar presentation and interview. Please note that we may not be able to cover your travel and lodging expenses for the flyout.
|12.How to Apply||Please send the application packet as a single pdf file to macro-rec2019@econ with the subject line "Application: Position in Macroeconomics". The three letters of recommendation should be directly sent to the above email address by the reviewers. Please note that we will not return your application documents. These documents will be used only for the purpose of selecting a qualified candidate.|
|13.Contact person and address etc.||Etsuro Shioji
Search Committee (Macroeconomics)
Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University
2-1 Naka, Kunitachi, Tokyo 186-8601, Japan
e-mail : shioji@econ
(Please contact us either by e-mail or regular mail. When sending an e-mail, please use the headline "Inquiry: Position in Macroeconomics".
|14.Other information||Acting on the objectives of the Basic Act for Gender Equal Society, we welcome applications from female scholars and students.|