Job Opening for a nontenured assistant professor
The Graduate School of Economics at Hitotsubashi University invites applications for a nontenured assistant professor position beginning in April, 2019. The assistant professor's research field should be econometrics or its related field.
Nontenured assistant professor
Number of positions
(1) Teaching obligation
Main courses to be taught are "Introductory Econometrics" (undergraduate) and "Intermediate Econometrics" (graduate).
(2) Administrative functions
Shared responsibility for committee membership, entrance examinations, and other administrative functions may be assigned.
(1) Candidates must have completed their Ph.D. or complete it within three months after the time of appointment.
(2) Candidates must have ability to give lectures both in Japanese and in English.
April 1, 2019
Nontenured assistant professor. The term of the contract is three years.
Deadline for applications
September 15, 2018.
(1) Curriculum vitae.
(2) A list of academic works (please specify peer-reviewed publications).
(3) At least two letters of recommendation (English or Japanese) from referees familiar with the applicant’s academic skills and/or teaching experience. Reference letters for a candidate without Ph.D. degree should explain the state of the Ph.D. thesis to show that the candidate will complete the Ph.D. within three months after the time of appointment.
(4) Certificate of Ph.D. degree.
(5) Representative academic works (maximum three works).
Please send the application packet as a single pdf file to econometrics-rec2018@econ with the subject line "Application for assistant professor of econometrics." The letters of recommendation should be directly sent to econometrics-rec2018@econ from referees.
(1) First stage: Document screening.
(2) Second stage: Seminar presentation and interview. Please note that applicants' travel expenses and hotel stay for interviews will not be reimbursed.
Where to make contact
Non-tenured assistant professor search committee (Econometrics)
(Inquiries should be made by e-mail only.)