Facilities at the Computer Center
Approximately 120 personal computers with a range of software are available for students to use. Software such as TSP, Mathematica is freely downloadable on intra university basis. Other computer software available on computers in the Center.
(1) Microsoft Office related tools and document preparation.
- Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Winshell for LaTeX
- Visual Windows for TeX
(2) Web browsers
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
(3) Statistics and quantitative analysis
- R for Windows
(4) Program Development
- Borland C++ Compiler
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express
- Microsoft Small Basic
- Gimp for Windows
- Adobe Reader
- Tera Term
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Adobe Premiere Elements
Available Databases and Electronic Journals
From the University Library through the university LAN
(1) Nikkei NEEDS: This is one of the largest databases for the Japanese economy. Data can be downloaded intramurally through the following URL: http://www.lib.hit-u.ac.jp/retrieval/e_resource/needsfq.html (in Japanese).
(2) Electronic journals: A wide selection of journals in economics is available for download. The list is found in the university library web page.
(3) Other publications and databases: Information on other publications and databases are found in
http://www.lib.hit-u.ac.jp/ (in Japanese).
(4) Intramural publications are mostly digitized in archived form. They can be found in http://hermes-ir.lib.hit-u.ac.jp/rs/.