· Asymmetries in Movement and a Theory of Merger. The 13th Tokyo Conference on Psycholinguistics, Keio University, Japan, March 9th-10th. (invited talk)
· 2011b. The Composition and Interpretation of Tough Movement. The 34th GLOW Colloquium, University of Vienna, April 28-30. (poster presentation)
· 2011a. Anatomy of Tough Movement. WCCFL 29. University of Arizona, April 22nd-24th.
· 2010. The Syntax of the Comparative Complement and Its Implications for the Semantics of the Degree Operator. Symposium “Aspects of Measurement” at the 28th National Conference of the English Linguistic Society of Japan, Nihon University, Japan, November 13-14. (invited talk)
2009. The Hidden Side of
Clausal Complements. The 32nd GLOW Colloquium,
2008. When to Reduce and When
Not to: Crosslinguistic Variation in Phrasal
Comparatives. (with Rajesh Bhatt) The
31st GLOW Colloquium,
2007d. Wholesale Late
Merger. (with Sarah Hulsey) NELS 38.
2007c. Direct Comparisons:
Resurrecting the Direct Analysis of Phrasal Comparatives. (with Rajesh Bhatt)
2007b. Variable Binding in
Temporal Adverbial Clauses: Evidence from Ellipsis. WCCFL 26.
Ambiguity: Pinkham’s Contrast and Phrasal Comparatives. (with Rajesh Bhatt) The
30th GLOW Colloquium.
and the Re-binding Problem. (with Danny Fox) SALT 15.
and the Re-binding Problem. (with Danny Fox) The 28th GLOW Colloquium.
2004b. Dimensions of Focus
Effects in Ellipsis. Workshop Dimensions of Focus at The
Twenty Second National Conference of The English Linguistic Society of
of Movement Dependencies in Haitian Creole. (with Martina Gračanin-Yuksek)
· 2003b. Pseudogapping and Cyclic Linearization. NELS 34. Stony Brook University, November 7th-9th.
The View from Scandinavian Languages. Comparative Germanic Syntax Workshop
2002c. Introducing the
Multiple Scope Generalization. Workshop Quantifier Construal at The Twentieth National Conference of The English
Linguistic Society of
· 2002b. More Than Two Quantifiers. NELS 33. MIT, November 8th-10th.
Chains: The PBC, Anaphor and Frozen Scope. GLOW in
· 2001e. Coordination in Japanese. (with Hironobu Kasai) The 3rd Formal Approaches to Japanese Linguistics Conference. MIT, May 18th-20th.
· 2001d. Movement, Reconstruction and the PBC. The 3rd Formal Approaches to Japanese Linguistics Conference. MIT, May 18th-20th. (alternate paper)
without Coordinator. (with Hironobu Kasai) The Second
2001b. Movement and
Interpretation. Motivating Movement.
2001a. Eliminating the
Phase Impenetrability Condition. Motivating Movement.
2000c. Where is Subjacency? The Eighteenth National Conference of the
English Linguistic Society of
2000b. Multiplicity and
Feature Absorption. A Joint MIT and Harvard Student Conference on Language
2000a. An ATB Approach to
Gapping. The 2000 International Workshop on Generative Grammar.
1999. Null Operator and
Locative Inversion. The Seventeenth National Conference of the English
Linguistic Society of